Skip half of these preparation times Rotisserie Chicken Enchiladas! They are packed with shredded chicken, vegetables, beans, and topped with a layer Homemade Enchilada (tycoon) sauce.
Look for other Leftover Rotisserie Chicken Recipe? We will also share some of them!
This is one of my favorites Leftover Rotisserie Chicken Recipe (Or any kind of Shredded chicken), because this is an easy way to use it. In addition, it is beautiful, tacky and foolproof.
Leftover rotisserie chicken enchiladas
Whenever I don’t know what I’m going to do for dinner, I ask my husband a terrible question: “What are we going to do for dinner?” Usually, his answer is “I don’t care” because he usually likes what I do, but One day he said Enchiladas.
The enchiladas seemed to cringe from the perfectly cooked chicken to the sauce, but I just bought the rotisserie chicken from Whole Foods and ran out of the rest. Hello, beautiful enchiladas.
Barbecue chicken: The barbecue chicken is the star of these barbecue chicken enchiladas recipes. You need a 1.5-2 pound chicken.
Burrito Sauce: If you make us Homemade Enchilada (tycoon) sauce You will understand why we recommend it!
Pinto beans: Beans are an easy way to get more protein!
Bell Pepper: We always like to steal vegetables at every meal, and bell peppers are effortless.
Shredded cheese: Use shredded cheddar cheese at any time.
corn cake: Tortillas are important-we recommend flour tortillas.
How to make rotisserie chicken enchiladas
This rotisserie chicken recipe is packaged in vegetarian dishes and only takes 30 minutes! We call it a win-win!
Rotisserie Shredded Chicken
What I like most about the rotisserie chicken is that you will have white and dark meat. White meat has less fat, while black meat has #alltheflavor.
Use 2 forks to chop up the whole barbecue chicken. You can remove the skin as needed, but it is recommended not to eat it, but it is recommended to eat it, it is delicious! Remove the bones and corpses, and you can rock and roll.
But have chicken breasts or chicken thighs on hand? Bake those bad boys, then chop them up!This is a quick tutorial on how to make Chopped chicken in a slow cooker.
Easy to fill
The tortilla filling is incredible. There are vegetables and plenty of beans.
- Purple onion
- Pinto beans
- Green chili
As always, make it your own at any time and use bell peppers of any color you want and make it the same as onions and beans.
The tortilla filling does require a little elbow fat, because you need to fry the vegetables before you scramble the filling into the tortilla. Don’t worry, the whole process can take up to 10 minutes.
Now that your chicken has been chopped and the filling has been made, it’s time to roll up each enchilada filling. This recipe will make about 6 large tortillas.
We almost always recommend using flour tortillas, especially when making any burrito-like recipes. Flour tortillas maintain their best condition and have the best texture.
oop into about 1/3 cup of filling and about 1/3 cup of shredded chicken, and place them in the center of the tortilla. Then, roll it up!
Add sauce and cheese
We have a star Homemade Enchilada (tycoon) sauce On Fit Foodie Finds, this is what we recommend for this recipe. why? Because it is easy to make. Just ketchup + spices + water. You need about 3 cups in total.
Make a batch of this homemade enchilada sauce or double batches of this delicious sauce and keep it in the refrigerator until you crave enchiladas this week!
If you just want to buy store-bought taco sauce, no problem! This is our first choice:
Pour half of the enchilada filling on the bottom of the baking pan, and then assemble the enchilada filling on top. Make sure they fit snugly and wrap tightly. Pour the remaining enchilada filling on top and spread out evenly.
Then, add cheese to those bad boys! We like shredded fresh cheddar cheese, but you can also use Colby jack or Mexican cheddar cheese.
Bake tortillas at 350ºF for about 20 minutes. Since everything is cooked, the purpose here is to make sure the inside of the enchilada is hot.
Serve immediately with all your favorite toppings, such as fresh coriander, Greek yogurt and hot sauce.
Store the remaining enchiladas in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to 5 days.
How to reheat
To reheat, simply heat the tortillas in the microwave for about 90 seconds under the high OR option to use the oven, and reheat at 350º for 15-20 minutes.
- 2 pcs 15 ounce can tomato paste
- 2/3 cup water
- 3 tablespoons Chili powder
- 1 tbsp Garlic powder
- 1 tbsp Cumin powder
- 2 tbsp Franks (or more, to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1.5–2 pcs Pound, boneless, shredded rotisserie chicken (cold or hot, it doesn’t matter!)
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 2 teaspoons Minced garlic
- 1 piece Small purple onions, diced
- 1 piece Big red bell pepper, diced
- 1 piece 15 ounces can pour out the beans, drain and rinse
- 1 piece 4 oz.Can green chile
- 6–8 Large flour tortillas
- 1/2 cup Shredded cheddar cheese (or more)
- Optional toppings: lime juice, fresh coriander and sliced avocado
- First, preheat the oven to 350ºF, then spray a 9×13 inch casserole with nonstick cooking spray and set aside.
- Next, prepare for homemade Burrito Sauce. Add all the ingredients for the enchilada sauce to the medium pot. Mix well, then boil over high heat.
- Reduce the heat to a low heat and cook the sauce for 10 minutes. The soy sauce should thicken slightly and become shiny. Set aside.
- When the sauce is boiling, prepare the barbecue chicken by cutting as much meat as possible from the bones and shredding them. Set aside.
- Prepare the tortilla filling by heating a large frying pan over medium heat. Add olive oil.
- When the olive oil is fragrant, add the minced garlic and red onion to the frying pan and cook for 2-3 minutes. Then add the red pepper, pinto beans and green pepper, and cook for another 2-3 minutes. Remove from the fire.
- Now it’s time to assemble the enchiladas. Pour half of the tortilla sauce into the bottom of a 9×13 inch casserole.
- Next, add about 1/3 cup of tortilla filling to the tortilla to make a tortilla. Then add 1/3 cup shredded chicken. Fold the end of the tortilla and roll the tortilla tightly.
- Put it in a casserole. Repeat until you have made 8 enchiladas.
- Pour the remaining tortilla sauce on the tortilla and spread it out evenly.
- Bake at 350ºF for 20 minutes. Remove and sprinkle on the cheese.Bake for another 5 minutes to melt the cheese
- Remove from the oven and garnish thinly sliced with lime juice, fresh cilantro and avocado, enjoy!
Tips and attention
- Burrito sauce: Choose to use 3 cups of store-bought tortilla sauce instead of our homemade variation.
- You can get 8 tacos from this recipe, but the nutritional information is only 6 servings.
Serving size: 1/6
Keywords: Rotisserie Tortillas, Leftover Rotisserie Chicken Recipe
photography: The photos in this article were written by Erin of The Wooden Skillet.