When Dr. Maurie Lung was in the second grade, he realized what he wanted to do when he grew up.
Long said: “When I went to the summer camp, my little strawberry shortcake diary said:’When I grow up, I want to help people outdoors.’ And that’s what she did today.
Dragon oversees the natural world and the adventure world Coaching Prescott College (Prescott College) courses, is also a licensed therapist and counselor, to provide individuals, couples and families with nature-based and adventurous counseling.
What is natural remedy?
Naturopathy, also called ecotherapy, is a habit that promotes growth and recovery in nature, especially Mental Health. You may also hear it called “green care”, “green”. work out, Green therapy or garden therapy. Although people use these terms to describe many outdoor activities, they can also be examples of specific naturopathic programs.
The meaning of naturopathy varies from person to person, but in general, naturopathy involves:
- Well-trained and supportive experts such as therapists
- Green environment
- Appreciate and explore nature
Types of natural remedies
Since a naturopathic plan can include many activities, there are different types of treatments. These include:
- Risky therapy. This uses activities that explore nature and can be done in an individual or group environment. Rafting and rock climbing are good examples.
- Animal-assisted intervention or treatment. Both options include spending time with animals. Animal-assisted interventions are raised or raised in places such as farms. On the other hand, the focus of animal-assisted therapy is to establish a therapeutic relationship with animals such as dogs or houses.
- Arts and crafts. As the name suggests, this type combines creative handicrafts with nature. You may use your creativity to paint in green spaces such as parks or forests. This type also includes the use of natural materials such as clay, grass or wood, or the use of green spaces as artistic inspiration.
- protection. Nature Reserve and Nature Reserve Pairing work out.
- Dark nature. Dark natural activities take place at night, so you can practice, for example, stargazing.
- Green movement. Here, you will do physical exercises in the green space.That might be Run, Such as walking or cycling.
- Therapeutic agriculture. With this type, you will participate in agricultural activities, so you may grow crops or take care of farm animals.
- Therapeutic gardening. This involves gardening, so you can grow food in a community garden. Sometimes, therapeutic gardening leads to other activities, such as selling home-grown crops at the farmers’ market.
- Wilderness therapy. This type of treatment works well in one group. You will spend time in the wild doing activities such as hiking or sheltering.
How can natural remedies help?
More and more studies have shown that spending time in the natural environment can be Mental Health benefit.
For example, being linked to less in the green space anxietyless Depressive symptomsAnd lower pressure Level.Spending time in nature can help people Frustrated Think more clearly with children with attention problems.
“One of the biggest benefits we have to address is those who are trying to reduce anxiety or depression. Frustrated And increase relationships and connections,” Lung said. “I also think this is very attractive, so for children and teenagers… [and] For those who do not want to receive treatment. “
Dr. Patricia Hasbach is a licensed professional consultant and clinical psychotherapist, and another expert in ecotherapy. She is also the Deputy Director of the Ecological Psychology Program at Lewis & Clark College.
Hasbach recalled one such person, he was a patient in a cardiac rehabilitation center, and he did not want to receive treatment.
“He was very nervous about talking to me, and I suggested,’You just want to take a walk outside? I just noticed how his voice changes,” Hasbach said. “He became more relaxed… This is my first’aha’ moment. There are some things I need to pay attention to here.”
Researchers have studied nature’s healing effects in many areas, including:
“[It’s about] Pay attention to the things around us and increase our awareness of ourselves, the world and the environment,” Lung said. “It’s just the symbiotic benefits of being outside. “
Can everyone do natural remedies?
Not everyone who takes natural remedies has Mental Health situation. Anyone can benefit from ecotherapy.
Hasbach said: “I am really based on this idea in clinical practice, because we are nature, so everyone can benefit from incorporating ecotherapy into their work.”
Whether you live in a rural, suburban or urban area, you can take natural treatments anywhere. For example, Long’s approach is in a very urban area, but she often relies on county parks and nearby beaches.
Natural remedies may involve places such as gardens, farms, forests or parks. Usually, naturopathies involve experiencing nature (such as walking in the forest) or working in nature (such as gardening).
The amount of physical exercise you will get in natural therapy depends on the person. Long said that she tailored her activities to participate in activities based on the people she worked with.
“If I am working with a teenage child and we are in a period of depression, then I may be paddleboarding outside. However, if I work with a couple, I may not do paddleboarding because This is a trans-individualistic activity. In that case, I might participate in sailing because it is a cooperative activity,” Lung said. “Nature-based interventions have the flexibility to be truly clinically relevant.”
Natural remedies can be paired with other options, such as:
Hasbach said: “Ecotherapy is a tool you must use to strengthen and deepen the work you do with your clients or patients,”