Are you ready to eat the most delicious Chocolate Banana Bread Have you eaten it is so moist as chocolate and tastes like dessert.
The best chocolate banana bread
After 5 star reviews, this chocolate banana bread continues to receive 5 star reviews! It is chocolate flavored, fluffy, and made with all ingredients!
Similar to ours Healthy Banana Bread RecipeThis chocolate banana bread is made with white whole wheat flour and coconut oil.
We just can’t get enough banana + chocolate flavor combinations!
Why make this chocolate banana bread recipe?
Whole grains: This chocolate banana bread is made with white whole wheat flour instead of refined flour.
3 bananas: We won’t know anything about banana flavor in this recipe!
Chocolate x 2: Not only does this recipe call for cocoa powder, but we also use chocolate chips!
Is Chocolate Banana Bread Healthy?
Not all chocolate banana bread recipes are the same! However, this recipe is healthier than most recipes because we use whole grain flour and coconut oil.
Recommended kitchen tools
- Egg- We have not tried this recipe, there are no eggs, but you can always try to reduce 2 flax eggs into smaller portions!If you are looking for Vegan Banana Bread Recipe Try our!
- Mashed banana – The more mature the banana you use, the sweeter the chocolate banana bread.
- Almond milk- I like the nutty flavor of almond milk, but you can use any kind of milk at will.
- Vanilla- We used 2 teaspoons in this recipe and I absolutely love the flavor it adds.
- coconut oil – Coconut oil is an important substitute for vegetable oil, but if you don’t have coconut oil in your hands, you can exchange it at any time!
Coconut oil tip!
This recipe calls for melted coconut oil, which means you should measure coconut oil after it has melted.
Coconut oil should be the last thing mixed into the batter so that it does not condense with the cool ingredients.
- Whole white wheat: This is the flour we absolutely love to use to make any bread. We haven’t tested this recipe in any other way, but I’m sure you can choose all-purpose flour or all-purpose gluten-free flour mixture.
- brown sugar: A little brown sugar will do! The classic banana bread requires brown sugar, which is why we keep it in this recipe. If you are looking for alternatives, I would use coconut sugar or other granulated sugar.
- cocoa powder: Since this is chocolate banana bread, cocoa powder is essential! Make sure to look for unsweetened cocoa powder for best results.
- Chocolate Chips: Don’t ski chocolate…this is the rule when making banana bread. Trust me.
How to make chocolate banana bread
- Mix dry: Combine the dry ingredients in a medium bowl and set aside.
- Mix wet: Mash 3 medium-sized bananas in a large bowl until there are almost no lumps. Then, all wet ingredients are subtracted from coconut oil. Stir to mix.
- Combination: Slowly add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients, mix and mix.
- Add coconut oil: Finally, add the melted coconut oil and mix again.
- Baking: Transfer the batter to standard-size bread and bake at 350ºF for 45-50 minutes.
Make chocolate banana muffins instead!
Would you like to make chocolate banana muffins instead? Here are some simple instructions on how to use this batter to make muffins.
- Line the muffin tin with a muffin liner and spray it with cooking spray.
- Follow the instructions in the recipe card to make the batter.
- Fully fill each muffin about 3/4 of the way. You should get about 12 muffins.
- Bake at 350ºF for about 18-23 minutes, or until the center is fully cooked.
PS: Check out our Healthy Chocolate Muffins.
Tips for Chocolate Banana Bread
Bananas are important: The riper the banana, the sweeter it is. They are also easier to mash. One thing we learned is that if you don’t fully mash the banana, the banana will sink to the bottom, so just make sure you get in there and mash it.
The pot you use is also important! There is no wrong answer, but if you use a metal bread pan, it will emit heat more evenly, in this case, the cooking in the ceramic pan may be more uneven.
Finally add coconut oil: I know I have mentioned it before, but this is the best tip I have received. Make sure to add coconut oil at the end so that it does not harden when it is mixed with other cold and wet ingredients.
Don’t cook: Make sure to pay attention to the center of the bread. If you cook it too well, the bread will become strong and crumbly.
Variations of Chocolate Banana Bread
Use nuts: Chocolate Walnut Banana Bread? Yes, please! Replace the chocolate chips with chopped walnuts or walnuts.
Use applesauce: Don’t you like bananas? Try to use a bunch of applesauce instead!
Make it into dark chocolate: Instead of ordinary unsweetened cocoa powder, dark cocoa powder can be used to get a richer chocolate flavor. PS: Get bigger, replace the semi-sweet chocolate chips with dark chocolate chips.
Let the banana bread cool completely. Then, wrap it with a piece of tin foil and store it on the counter in a dark place for 3 days, or store it in the refrigerator for 5 days.
Can you freeze chocolate banana bread?
Let your healthy chocolate banana bread cool completely. Then, wrap it tightly in tin foil and remove as much air as possible. Freeze for up to 3 months.
- 1 cup White whole wheat flour
- ½ cup Light brown sugar (or coconut sugar)
- 3/4 cup Unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup Chocolate chips (more for toppings)
- 2 pcs Big egg
- 3 Medium ripe banana, mashed (~1.25 cups)
- 1/2 cup Unsweetened almond milk*
- 2 teaspoons Vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup Melted coconut oil
- First, preheat the oven to 350ºF, then spray a standard-size bread pan with non-stick cooking spray. Set aside.
- Mix the dry ingredients together in a medium bowl. Set aside.
- In a separate mixing bowl, mash 3 bananas with a fork. Then, mix the remaining wet ingredients minus the coconut oil.
- Slowly moisten and mix the dry ingredients. Then, add melted coconut oil and mix again to mix.
- Pour the batter into a greased bread pan, sprinkle a few chocolate chips on top, and bake at 350ºF for 45-50 minutes, or until the center is fully cooked.
- Remove the banana bread from the oven and let it cool for 10 minutes, then remove it from the pan to complete the cooling.
Tips and attention
- If the batter is unusually thick, add a little more almond milk. The thicker batter may be due to the banana you used!
Serving size: 1/8
sugar: 28 years old
Keywords: Chocolate Banana Bread